How exactly does the prostate hurt?
Few men under 40 think about the health of an organ such as the prostate gland. And this is very sad, because when the prostate is painful, a person experiences a lot of unpleasant symptoms.
There can be many causes of pain in the prostate, so an appointment with a urologist should not be put off the shelf.
Painful conditions: how to determine?
The prostate is located under the bladder in the pelvis. Organ tissues cover several parts of the urethra. The prostate is difficult to examine, the only way to probe its posterior wall is to perform a rectal digital examination.
How does the prostate hurt in men? It is easy enough to determine what exactly the prostate hurts, although the discomfort may vary in location, strength and character. Most often, pain in the prostate gland occurs during the release of urine and semen, as well as during or after intercourse.
Pain can be targeted or spread to a large area. The pain is transmitted to the genital area, to the pubic part, to the scrotum, every third patient achs the entire lower abdomen, back, sacrum, rectal zone. In some cases, even taking pain medication is required. And only a small percentage of patients have pain in the kidneys and sternum.
From what arise in the prostate:
How the prostate hurts
Almost every man has discovered symptoms of prostate inflammation in his life. As a rule, the patient has:
- problems with intimate life: violation of an erection or its complete absence, a change in the usual volume of sperm and its structure,
- difficulties with urination (frequent, with accompanying pains and pains, sometimes with an admixture of blood),
- unpleasant sensations in the field of internal and external genital organs.
This is almost the whole complex of sensations when the prostate gland hurts in men. How severe these symptoms are in a particular patient depends on whether it is an acute process or a chronic one. And also from individual sensitivity and other factors.
Prostate Pain Symptoms
How does the prostate hurt (symptoms)? Inflammation of the prostate gland is accompanied by a number of symptoms that can occur at any stage of the disease. They rarely attract attention, but their appearance warns of the beginning of the pathological process. It can be not only an affliction of the gland; similar symptoms are experienced by men suffering from infections of the reproductive system.
Pain in the prostate, symptoms in the order in which they appear:
- General weakness, insomnia, mood swings, constant fatigue, decreased performance.
- Strengthening the work of sweat glands, itching of the genitals, anus, bright mood swings, bursts of rage.
- Pressure and severity of the prostate, painful urination, burning of the urinary canal and anus, lack of erection, difficulty with the toilet.
The strength of the pain syndrome can be different. It ranges from powerful lumbago to long exhausting aching sensations.
What are the pains of chronic prostatitis in men
With a frequently repeated inflammatory process of the glandular-muscular organ, the following symptoms can be observed:
- chronic inflammation of the bladder,
- pain in the lower back
- a slight increase in temperature (up to 38 degrees).
As you can see, what and how it hurts in men with prostatitis depends on the stage and nature of the inflammation.
Pain in chronic prostatitis is poorly expressed, which leads to negative consequences.
Diseases of the prostate gland tend to chronic, which causes great harm to the reproductive health of men
If you take your health lightly, then complications are likely:
- Various pathologies of the intimate sphere - infertility, impotence. After all, the prostate is sometimes called the "second heart" of a man. If it failed, then the man can no longer perform both reproductive and physiological functions.
- Inflammation of the kidneys and bladder: nephritis, nephrosis, cystitis, urethritis. Diseases often have a protracted, chronic nature with frequent exacerbations. Inflammation can be complicated by purulent manifestations. It is dangerous by blood poisoning (sepsis) and even death.
Therefore, the answer to the question: “Where does prostatitis hurt?” Is very voluminous. Pain can spread from the occipital region of the head to the perineum.
Itching and burning of the prostate is a loud signal to a person that the body has malfunctioned.
If the pain in the prostate area burns and starts, there are suspicions of ailments:
- Prostatitis(acute or chronic form). The diagnosis is made after passing tests and examinations. In the acute form of the disease, the patient is concerned about pain inside the bladder and urethra. Often there are itchy sensations in the prostate, pressure in the small pelvis. If we are talking about a chronic form of the disease, a person feels bad during ejaculation, during urination. He is pursued by a constant burning sensation in the prostate and anus, pulling sensations between the legs.
- Oncological education. In addition to lumbago in the prostate, aches in the lower back, and the sacrum, the patient complains of blood clots in the urine, seed and difficulties with the toilet.
- The presence of stones. The main symptom is severe itching, burning in the prostate and urethra during intercourse, urine output. Also, a person notices that it is difficult for him to go to the toilet.
- Hemorrhoids. The disease is characterized by significant discomfort in the anus, bleeding, the appearance of bumps around the anus.
- Inflammation in the rectum. The disease makes itself felt incontinence feces, pain when it comes out.
With prostatitis, discomfort does not appear in the gland itself, but around the genitals. The nerve plexuses are stretched throughout the entire pelvic area, so pain can appear even in the back.
The man begins to suffer from insomnia, he is pursued by constant fatigue, irritability, aggression appears. Often there is aching or shooting pain in the prostate after ejaculation. That is why sexual life with prostatitis becomes almost impossible.
Prostate hurts what to do? First aid is contacting a qualified professional. It is not worth prescribing medications yourself. You can start therapy after an accurate diagnosis is made. For this, the urologist directs the man for examination, then asks to pass the necessary tests.
Diseases of the prostate are treated with medication, a course massage of the prostate gland is used, surgical intervention is used.
How to relieve pain in the prostate? To reduce pain, relieve inflammation, specialists prescribe rectal suppositories. Thanks to the method of application, the candles instantly fall into the focus of the inflammatory process and stop it.
If the inflammation is bacterial in nature, it is treated with antibiotics. The cause of prostatitis was hypothermia? Medic will prescribe bed rest, rest and rest.
Diagnosis of the disease
Many patients are concerned about the question: "What research methods are needed, because the pains in prostatitis in men are blurry?" That is why the urologist conducts an external examination, collects an anamnesis, asks what sensations are present, and recommends taking blood and urine tests. According to the results of studies, it is already possible to establish the presence of the inflammatory process and its strength.
In addition, a study is carried out through the rectum and for the presence of sexually transmitted diseases. With prostatitis, ultrasound of the pelvic organs, computed tomography and other diagnostic methods may also be required.
The first thing to do if you suspect inflammation of the prostate gland is to contact a urologist who will prescribe all the necessary tests and conduct a full medical examination
Which doctor should I go to?
A man experiencing pain in the prostate will be helped by a urologist and andrologist. If you have problems with the anus, you can additionally go to the proctologist. He will conduct an examination and check the condition of the rectum.
You can make an appointment in a regular clinic at the place of residence. Private medical centers also quickly get an appointment with these specialists and get tested.
As with any problem, an integrated approach brings the best results. The doctor will tell you how to relieve pain in acute prostatitis. After all, the sensations can be very sharp. The urologist prescribes the appropriate drugs, which include not only painkillers, but also anti-inflammatory, antibacterial effects. For infections of a viral or bacterial nature, antibiotics are most often used.
The doctor prescribes the type of antibiotic therapy after determining the causative agent of the disease. For this, a special analysis is performed - sowing.
It is better to relieve pain with prostatitis:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. These include Diclofenac, Nurofen, Imet. Drugs relieve inflammation, remove pain.
- Antispasmodics. This group includes Drotaverin, Zevesin, No-shpu. Drugs relax smooth muscles, promote emptying of the bladder.
- Alpha adenoblockers. These funds eliminate muscle spasm in the urethra ("Omnic", "Tamsulostad").
- Muscle relaxants. The main representative is Midokalm. It is available as a solution for injection and tablets. For severe pain, you can give an injection of Midokalm intramuscularly and take an anesthetic, such as Diclofenac.
- Non-narcotic analgesics. Recently, "Analgin", "Aspirin" are used little, but this group of drugs cannot be completely excluded.
Chronic prostatitis is very painful, so relieving pain is the first priority of medical professionals. More potent drugs and relaxing muscles may also be required - Diazepam, Baclofen. In some cases, narcotic analgesics are indicated - “Ketanov”, “Nalbufin”.
At high temperatures, antipyretic drugs are used. If necessary, laxatives and diuretics can be taken, because an inflamed prostate can block the normal functioning of the urinary tract and intestines. With severe inflammation of the gland and severe pain, the patient is treated in a hospital.
As an additional therapy, rectal massage gives good results. In urology in chronic pathologies, this method is considered particularly effective.
Discomfort in the prostate cannot be ignored. If the pain was not a one-time case, it bothers the man, prevents him from living a full life, a specialist consultation is simply necessary. A timely visit to a doctor will allow you to identify the disease in time and start therapy. Otherwise, there is a risk of complications.
How to avoid prostate pain
A full regular sexual life also helps to improve the condition of the prostate gland. To reduce the effect on the urethra and kidneys, therapeutic nutrition is recommended: the exclusion of fried, fatty, salty, smoked, canned foods, strong tea and coffee.
Preventive measures for prostatitis will be personal hygiene, avoiding hypothermia, good nutrition, protection from sexually transmitted infections. Then there is a high probability that a man will not know where and how prostatitis hurts.
Prostate hurts after sex
In a separate category, it is necessary to make those cases when pain occurs after sex. As a rule, they occur during or after ejaculation. Such a symptom may indicate a whole spectrum of pathologies that relate to a variety of organs and systems. Some of them are listed below.
Diseases of the rectum
Pain during ejaculation can occur with intestinal diseases, and the treatment was selected without taking into account the individual characteristics of the body. In most cases, such symptoms are a sign of hemorrhoids. The main causes of its occurrence are physical inactivity and bad habits.
Prostatitis is a fairly common disease among men of different ages. One of the main reasons for its development is a deliberate delay in ejaculation, which leads to stagnation of blood, secretion and various types of pathologies. The disease can be caused by infections, and also be non-infectious. Prostatitis in the early stages of the acute form is easily treatable, therefore it is necessary to consult a urologist as soon as possible, who will prescribe the appropriate treatment.
One of the methods of treatment, as well as the prevention of pathologies is urological massage. It allows you to prevent the development of congestion, reduce pain, normalize the erectile function of men, and also resume the secretion of the gland. This occurs due to the stimulation of blood flow and the metabolic process in the tissues of the organ. Massage is an effective remedy for chronic prostatitis or the first stages of the development of adenoma, but it can not be used for acute inflammation and cancer.
One of the causes of pain in the prostate is cystic formation. It causes prolonged aching pain. A similar disease also manifests itself with tension of the sphincter, and in the absence of treatment, pain can become permanent. Treatment is usually prescribed depending on the symptoms. The patient is recommended to additionally check for the presence of diseases such as adenoma and prostatitis.
The use of conservative therapy has its advantages.
Such is the possibility of selecting a remedy for treatment that has minimal side effects with high therapy effectiveness.
Medicines can also slow down the development of malignant tumors, eliminate inflammation and normalize the genitourinary system.
An important condition for initiating drug treatment of the prostate gland in men is consultation with a doctor and the availability of a prescription. Prices may vary for consultation. We recommend that you look here - consultation of the price urologist.
Self-medication is fraught with negative consequences.
With untreated prostatitis, the patient may form stones in the cavity of the prostate gland. Pain in this case is accompanied by problem urination and decreased sexual function. Also, irregular sex life, alcohol abuse, stress and depression are referred to the causes of stone formation. The treatment technique is determined depending on the composition of the stone deposits and the specifics of their occurrence.
If there is a desire to avoid taking pills, as well as reduce their negative impact on the body, many use alternative methods. Such therapy allows symptomatic treatment of organ diseases. For this, plants that have anti-inflammatory, diuretic, and also analgesic properties are used.
Important! Folk remedies are not a full substitute for drugs and should be used only with the permission of the attending physician.
Inflammation of the paraurethral glands
Pain in this disease can vary in intensity. At the same time, urination is difficult.
Untimely treatment can lead to incontinence, increased urination and constant pain in the groin area. Doctors usually prescribe antibiotic medication, prostate massage and diet.
Prostate hurts after defecation
In a separate category, it is necessary to take the pain syndrome that occurs after bowel movement. Pain during and after defecation may indicate cancer, prostatitis, or abscesses. The chances of prostatitis increase in cases where the patient has no appetite, he has frequent constipation and there is a throbbing pain in the anus.
In the presence of an abscess caused by prostatitis, the patient may complain of weakness. In some cases, purulent deposits are found in feces and urine, which indicates an independent rupture of abscesses.