Diet after hemorrhoid surgery
Practicing proctologists say - when a person decides on an operation, he can only think about it, about the surgical process itself. Optimists imagine how easier it will be for them to live, do the usual things, when the problem of hemorrhoids is solved (and rightly so!) Patients prone to pessimism are fixated only on the possible complications and consequences of the operation.
Doctors always explain to the patient how surgery will take place and how the recovery period will go. But far from every patient listens to the words of the proctologist about the postoperative stage. But in vain: what happens after the operation may surprise him. Some even blame the doctor, they say they were not warned that it would be so painful and unusual. True, then they take their words back: firstly, the doctor always informs the patient about the rehabilitation period, and secondly, he is not very long and soon the patient feels much better.
Of course, minimally invasive techniques are easily tolerated, and recovery will be quick and easy, but hemorrhoidectomy and similar interventions are more difficult. A huge role in the recovery of the body after surgery is played by the diet, which should be followed by the recovering.
The first day after surgery: how to eat
What you can eat after surgery for hemorrhoids, the doctor will tell you in sufficient detail. But if your doctor seems laconic, or you have surgery, and you want to be fully armed in advance, read and remember.
The recovery period is also divided into stages. What is impossible to do on the first postoperative day, it’s real and simple - in a couple of weeks. If you have had a hemorrhoidectomy, then the first day after the operation you just need to refrain from eating. On the eve of surgery, the patient is cleaned his intestines to avoid infection. This is partly why you can’t eat on the first day: in addition, the act of defecation on the first day or two after the operation is extremely undesirable.
The absence of stool, although it should be 24 hours (or better - 36), will provide the patient with no postoperative complications. Of course, they can be for other reasons, but the most basic factors should be excluded.
Why can not empty the intestines the first 1-1.5 days after surgery:
- Defecation is always straining, which provokes pressure on the intestinal walls, their stretching and, as a result, irritation,
- Normal bowel movements ahead of time can cause suture discrepancy, as well as rectal bleeding,
- Without feces on the first day after surgery, wounds on the intestinal wall will heal faster.
Even if you do not have an appetite, and you normally tolerate refusal of food, a long absence of food in the digestive tract can lead to the formation of very hard (stony) feces. And if this happens, then subsequent bowel movements can injure the healing intestinal walls.
Nutrition in preparation for surgery
In the preoperative period, you need to adhere to proper nutrition.
Food before surgery excludes products that enhance blood flow in the vessels of the rectum. It is forbidden to take alcoholic beverages, drugs that reduce blood clotting.
We begin to regulate nutrition before surgery. A day before surgery, a sparing table is prescribed. Eat often, in small portions. Do not eat food on the day of surgery.
With hemorrhoids, starvation is unacceptable. A reliable way to eat during preparation for the operation will be to minimize the amount of food eaten at a meal.
Before surgery, there is a need for bowel movement.If it does not occur naturally, an enema is made. The process sometimes scares the patient. Derived drugs that contribute to the complete cleansing of the intestine.
Features of nutrition in the postoperative period
Meals are assigned lightweight. It will help mild bowel movements without traumatic seams. Organize meals according to the rules:
- After removing the hemorrhoids we eat often, in small portions. Eat every 2-2.5 hours, so as not to overload the intestines.
- The food should be light for the stomach, not irritate when exiting through the anus, postoperative sutures. Avoid flatulence, bloating.
- Include stool-regulating foods that do not trigger constipation.
- On the first day it is better not to eat anything, just drink. Helps the healing of sutures, the soft exit of feces.
- After surgery for hemorrhoids, you need to start eating the next day.
Products prohibited in the postoperative period
The condition of the diet is the exclusion from the diet of products that affect gas formation in the intestine:
- It is forbidden to use garlic, onions, fresh milk, grapes, black bread, dried fruits (raisins). Dried apricots and prunes can be consumed.
- It is not recommended to drink drinks with gas, kvass - in the manufacture of added substances that cause fermentation, bloating. Do not eat legumes - they provoke flatulence.
- Diet includes eating vegetables. Exclude white cabbage and radishes from the diet - they affect the formation of gases in the intestines, contain fibers that are difficult to digest by the stomach.
- You can not eat cherries, strawberries, currants, stimulating the secretion of gastric juice - increases hunger.
- Smoked products, spicy seasonings, vegetable marinades, alcohol are excluded - they increase blood flow in the abdominal organs and slow down the healing of sutures.
- Do not eat goose, pork, lamb, mushrooms - contains difficult to digest proteins.
Permitted after surgery products
After hemorrhoid surgery, after the first day of fasting, limit the amount of food you eat at a time.
The body replenishes the energy spent. Start eating by introducing new foods to the post-operative nutrition menu, gradually. Listen to the body, how certain substances are introduced into the diet.
Steamed, boiled, stewed foods are allowed. You can’t - fatty and fried foods.
The diet includes:
- Nutritious buckwheat, millet, oatmeal - easy for the stomach. To normalize digestion, they need to be eaten more often. Before preparing the grain, rinse under running water so that the grains do not stick together during cooking. Having cooked until cooked, wrap the pan with a porridge with a towel, let it brew. The porridge will turn out friable, tasty without butter. Recommended intake of cereals: barley, pearl barley. Cooked on the water are indispensable when a diet is maintained after surgical removal of hemorrhoids. It is recommended to refuse rice and semolina.
- It is permissible to use white bread from durum wheat. Better with bran, coarse. It is rich in vitamins, it will help to quickly restore strength after surgery to remove hemorrhoids. Easy digestion, does not overload the stomach.
- Dairy products are useful. Contains active bacteria that produce substances that help improve digestion. To establish digestion, it is recommended to include cottage cheese, sour milk, yoghurts in the diet.
- To replenish animal protein in the body, you need to cook chicken meat, veal, fish. Be careful when entering products. They are included in the menu after a week's time in small trial portions.
- Postoperative nutrition includes vegetables, fruits. Vegetables are boiled, baked in the oven, steamed. Soups are made with them. Use raw with caution - high fiber disrupts the intestines. Pay attention to the nutrition of cucumbers, tomatoes, zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli.Substances relax muscles.
- Acceptable fruits. It is safer to eat bananas, kiwi. They have laxative properties. Overeating is unacceptable - excess leads to swelling.
- Drinking plenty of fluids is recommended. Drink more water, tea, stewed fruit, infusions of yarrow, nettle leaves.
Nutrition in the first period after surgery
Pain in the anus disappears in a week. The responsible period after surgery is the first days after the removal of nodes by surgery. You need to eat in a fractional way - the food taken per day is divided into six meals in small portions.
After two days of fasting (preoperative day and the next after surgery) do not rush to eat what you want in unlimited quantities.
You need to eat slowly - saturation signals in the human brain come later than food in the stomach for 15-20 minutes. You need to chew slowly, so as not to overdo it with food.
In the first week, the patient can independently, by analyzing well-being, determine the diet, the number of single servings. During the first week there is a constant introduction of new products into the body. The patient knows which food is suitable.
What should include a menu for the week
After the operation for about a month, it is necessary to adhere to certain rules in the diet, focusing on those products that will allow the intestines to function normally. This will significantly bring the moment of recovery, return to full existence and prevent the occurrence of postoperative complications. During the first days after the operation, it is better not to eat, so postoperative sutures can get stronger and they can not be easily injured during bowel movements.
In the following days during the week you need to eat in small portions and more often than usual. It is important not to burden the gastrointestinal tract, but also not to starve. It is necessary to give preference to products that do not irritate the intestinal mucosa, and also do not contribute to the development of flatulence. Dishes should not be hot, and steamed. It is best if the diet will contain products of plant origin and proteins. Such food improves digestive processes and accelerates the repair of damaged tissues during surgery.
It is recommended to adhere to the following nutrition:
- boiled liquid cereals (buckwheat, oat, millet, pearl barley),
- bran bread
- dairy products with bifidobacteria and lactobacilli,
- berries, fruits, vegetables,
- first dishes based on poultry, veal,
- low-fat boiled fish,
It is imperative to provide a sufficient amount of food containing fiber, but it is necessary to pay attention to how the body behaves. If the use of such food causes fermentation, then such products are best not to use in food. The required amount of fiber, and this is from 25 to 35 g per day, can be obtained by adding bran or microcrystalline cellulose to the finished dishes. As a liquid, compotes, natural juice, herbal teas, mineral water without adding gas are recommended.
Throughout the 1st week after the operation, you need to observe approximately the following menu:
- For breakfast: cereal cereals cooked on the water.
- For lunch: soups on vegetable broth.
- Snack: kefir or low-fat cottage cheese.
- Dinner: steam cutlets.
Adhering to a diet, especially during the first postoperative week, the patient should not infringe on food preferences and strictly follow the doctor’s instructions. If you feel the need for proteins, then you need to increase their share in the diet, using stew or meat dishes in the form of steam cutlets or meatballs. Lack of fats can cause metabolic disruption, and carbohydrates - will lead to a breakdown.
Diet of the first postoperative month
After a week, food is gradually expanding.In turn, protein and carbohydrate foods are introduced, and fleeting removal of feces is achieved. Fiber is used to prevent constipation.
The patient needs to learn the rules: so that the disease does not return, you need to move a lot, not lift weights, eat right.
If there are no complications after hemorrhoids, complete healing of surgical wounds occurs in 5-6 weeks. Perhaps the return of the disease. The risk of cracks in the anus increases. The diet needs the most stringent.
If the patient will include in the food products unsafe for the intestines, a relapse will occur.
During rehabilitation, it is permissible to have a snack with apple, kefir, banana. Once a day, give the intestines a break of 12 hours. If you make dinner at 7 o’clock in the evening, plan breakfast before 9 o’clock in the morning so that the products received during dinner have time to digest, and the stomach is prepared for the next meal.
A balanced menu for the week includes the rule of cooking: steaming, boiling, stewing.
Menu for the week
When creating a menu for the week, write a list for every day. The daily diet products are divided into six receptions:
If a multicooker, microwave is stored in the house, use them. The dishes are delicious, do not require labor in cooking.
- Loose buckwheat cooked in water. Cheese bread, tea.
- Microwave Baked Egg. Carrots, grated with sugar.
- Beetroot soup. Boiled meat. Salad. Dried fruits compote.
- Cottage cheese with sour cream, tea.
- Hard wheat pasta. Bread with feta cheese. Tea.
- Kefir. Bread.
- Soup with dumplings. Chicken meat Cucumber. Stewed berries.
- 100 g sour cream 15%.
- Cottage cheese casserole. Bread. Ryazhenka.
- Omelet of 2 eggs. White bread with cheese. Chicory.
- Cottage cheese with sugar. Baked apple.
- Vegetable soup. Steamed meatballs. Beetroot salad. Stewed apricots.
- Kefir. Salad.
- Boiled fish with mashed potatoes. Bread. Tea.
- Millet porridge on the water. Bread with butter. Coffee without milk.
- The vinaigrette.
- Homemade chicken noodles. Salad. The juice.
- Biscuits. Dried fruits compote.
- Boiled liver. Vermicelli. Tea.
- Prunes soaked in boiling water.
- Oatmeal cereal. Banana. Tea.
- Vegetable Salad.
- Fish ear. Vegetable stew. Dried fruits compote.
- Boiled egg. Salad.
- Steamed cutlet. Buckwheat. Tea.
- Barley porridge. Microwave cheese sandwich. Coffee.
- Chicken Noodle Soup. Stewed vegetables, meatball. The juice.
- Beetroot stew. Tea.
- Pasta casserole, eggs. Tea.
- Dried apricots, boiled in boiling water.
- Porridge made from crushed barley. Bread with cheese. Tea.
- Cottage cheese.
- Vegetable borsch with beef. Grated carrots. Fruit compote.
- Vegetable stew.
- Lamb cutlet. Beetroot stew. Bread. Tea.
Drinks are the third dishes to the table. The menu assumes tea, coffee, chicory, juices, compotes of dried, fresh fruits, berries.
For an example of a weekly menu, make an appropriate diet.
Sample menu after hemorrhoids removal operation
The first day after the operation, you must refrain from eating, but you need to drink plenty of clean drinking or still mineral water.
On the second day you can eat simple foods: lightly brewed green and herbal tea (with chamomile and nettle), cornel compote or infusion of dried cornel berries, liquid cereals without milk, butter and, preferably, without sugar or a half teaspoon of fructose per serving: oatmeal , wheat, barley.
From the third day after the operation, with the permission of a proctologist, you can switch to food, which should become basic at least until complete healing.
Be sure to observe the following rules:
- Take prescribed drugs.
- Eat in small portions at the same time up to 5-6 times a day, ideally - every 2.5 to 3 hours you need to eat some allowed foods.
- Avoid overeating even with healthy food (it is better to have a slight feeling of hunger or desire to eat more than a feeling of a full stomach).
- With the permission of the doctor, give yourself small physical exertion. It is better to start with yoga, after adding walking and swimming, even later running.
- Refuse alcohol and smoking.
- Nutrition after surgery should be complete, light and varied in taste and food consistency to stimulate the intestines.
- It is necessary to increase the amount of fluid consumed, taking into account soups and liquid cereals - up to three liters per day.
- It is very important to take vegetable oils - olive, linseed or high-quality sunflower - for normal intestinal motility and a soft laxative effect.
- Do not abuse laxatives, even with a tendency to constipation. Their prevention should be carried out by establishing proper and healthy nutrition, and in case of difficulties with emptying, it is allowed to take drugs based on lactulose (duphalac).
The Importance of Dietary Nutrition in the Postoperative Period
After removal of the hemorrhoidal nodes, an open wound surface (Milligan-Morgan method) or sutures (Ferguson method) remain. In the first days after surgery, it is very important to prevent damage to their feces. It takes time to allow the surgical wounds to heal.
The quality of the intestine depends on the quality of food, the quantity and frequency of its intake. Nutrition after removal of hemorrhoids should help ensure that the stool is regular, soft consistency (but not liquid!). Constipation and diarrhea are the patient’s worst enemies. The former can disrupt the integrity of the sutures, damage the wounds, provoke bleeding. Watery stools will cause irritation, inflammation and possible bleeding.
However, the menu should be full, and the diet should be balanced. After hemorrhoidectomy, it is important for the body to quickly restore strength and replenish lost energy. Diet (especially after surgery for hemorrhoids) should provide the body with a norm of consumption of vitamins, proteins, micro and macro elements. At the same time, it aims to reduce the load on the intestines.
To find out how the hemorrhoid surgery is performed according to the Milligan-Morgan or Ferguson method, you can familiarize yourself with the material of our expert.
A qualified proctologist tells about the indications and contraindications for the removal of hemorrhoidal nodes.
Also, you should definitely familiarize yourself with the features of the course of hemorrhoids after surgery, the principles of the recovery period and the advice of doctors.
The basic principles of diet
The postoperative period can be shortened, and tissue healing accelerated, if you follow a few simple rules in the diet.
- Food fraction (5-6 meals per day should be the norm).
- Moderation of portions (portions should not be large, it is desirable to reduce the usual amount of food by half).
- A complete rejection of aggressive food (salty, spicy, smoked, fatty - exclude!).
- Complete rejection of alcoholic beverages.
- The prevalence of the menu of first courses, mashed, steamed, stews for the second.
Cooking technology is also very important. You have to give up grilled dishes, raw vegetables and fruits. Food should be mashed, chopped, without coarse fibers.
All these rules and principles must be taken into account when preparing the menu in the first one and a half to two months after the operation. The development of hemorrhoids or its relapse can be avoided by adhering to these principles in the menu throughout life.
The nuances of nutrition in the first day
Meals in the first 24 hours after surgery are completely excluded. After excision of hemorrhoids, rest hours are needed for the initial healing of wounds. A pause in food for two days (another preoperative day is considered) prevents the possibility of stool.
It is important to carefully observe the drinking regime on the first day.During this time, you need to drink at least 2 liters of boiled or mineral still water. At least 60-90 ml of fluid should be consumed every hour to avoid dehydration.
On the second day, doctors usually recommend at the first meal to eat a few tablespoons of liquid mashed oatmeal porridge, for lunch - mashed lean soup. It is allowed and recommended to use green tea, dried fruit compote, a decoction of wild rose or chamomile. The volume of liquid, taking into account the first courses, should be about 2.5 liters.
On the third day, you can gently switch to a fractional and gentle diet. For several weeks, you can not violate it.
A diet after surgery to remove hemorrhoids is not starvation, although many note the effect of losing weight. You need to eat properly to form a regular stool.
Doctors do not recommend skipping meals, increasing the intervals between them. This leads to the fact that the next meal you can eat much more. Overeating is contraindicated, it must not be allowed.
Before surgery, you need to think through the menu. A postoperative diet is a snap. A sample menu can be adapted to your capabilities and taste preferences. Knowing the basic principles, you can replace any dish in the list. A diet after hemorrhoids can be not only a useful necessity, but also a delicious meal.
Breakfast options are very varied and nutritious:
- liquid or viscous porridge (rice, buckwheat, oatmeal, barley, pearl barley, wheat groats - on water without sugar),
- omelet in a water bath or microwave,
- boiled egg.
In addition, you can eat a banana, drink unsweetened tea.
Why is dieting important after removing hemorrhoids
Surgical methods for removing hemorrhoidal nodes (classic surgery or the newer Longo method) always leave a postoperative wound or sutures. For example, the open technique according to Milligan-Morgan creates the necessary damage after excision of the crack and cavernous tissue, which has to be healed with the help of dressings, anti-inflammatory drugs, antibiotics.
When choosing a method of intervention, the doctor calculates not only how to remove large or small nodules, but also to establish the work of all structures of the rectum, including the anal canal and sphincter. In addition, it is necessary to provide for undesirable consequences (bleeding, infection). After all, a patient with hemorrhoids of stage III – IV often has anemia due to prolonged discharge of blood. This is confirmed by low hemoglobin.
The body's defenses (immunity) are significantly destroyed by the disease. During the rehabilitation period, care must be taken to restore the balance of beneficial bacterial flora in the intestine. It is not possible to compensate for the lack of protein, lipids, vitamins for wound healing and providing trace elements with certain medicines.
An important feature of the body is significantly better absorption of the necessary substances from foods consumed with food. Therefore, the appointment of a diet after hemorrhoidectomy is no less important than the rest of the treatment
The intestines need a temporary discharge. Constipation and diarrhea cause the same harm. Using the quality of food, cooking methods, it is possible to control the regularity of the stool and the consistency of feces, to prevent complications due to trauma to the wound surface.
The restriction in the diet of substances with irritating effects on the intestines, reducing the flow of blood to the venous hemorrhoids, creates the conditions for postoperative normalization of blood flow.
Rehabilitation recovery after surgery to remove hemorrhoids
Recovery from hemorrhoid surgery has general recommendations.The method of surgical intervention determines, rather, the length of time during which it will be necessary to adhere to the procedural regimen. But neglect of the rules can affect the effect of surgical "invasion" of the body is very disastrous.
Rules for rehabilitation after hemorrhoids
- vegetables: cabbage, cucumber, tomato, zucchini, eggplant, carrots, beets,
- boiled or baked meat, preferably chicken or turkey (beef is contraindicated),
- fruits: peaches, grapes, plums, pears, as well as any berries (apples should be consumed in small quantities so as not to contribute to gas formation),
- dairy products: kefir, low-fat cottage cheese, fermented baked milk,
- first courses: soups, cream soups, borsch, sorrel,
- cereals: oatmeal, buckwheat, wheat,
- large volume of water, weak green tea, compote.
There is a list of products, which are strongly discouraged, because they fix the stool. Several constipations in a row can cause pain and relapse of a prolapsed venous vessel.
Potatoes, radishes, sorrel, peas, beans, chocolate, rice and semolina, coffee, strong black tea will prevent recovery from the hemorrhoid operation. A separate limitation is alcoholic beverages, which also contribute to the hardening of the "waste" of the body (feces). In addition to damage to the mucous membranes and skin during a bowel movement, constipation is also dangerous by human attempts to release the rectum.
Overeating does not contribute to proper stool. It is necessary to eat food in small quantities at regular intervals. In fact, 5-6 snacks should take place per day. On the first day after removal of hemorrhoids, food should not be in the body.
Rehabilitation after surgical removal of hemorrhoids requires disinfection of the anus after each bowel movement. For a speedy recovery, it is recommended to wash and use only soft toilet paper. Compliance with cleanliness will protect against suppuration, which can be eliminated otherwise only by drainage.
The rehabilitation period after removal of hemorrhoids involves a complete rejection of the movement of weights and increased muscle loads. With a visit to the gym and pool, you will have to wait a while, but you need to make hiking a daily tradition. It is walking that stimulates blood flow in the abdomen and pelvic organs.
Rehabilitation after Longo hemorrhoid surgery
The number of scars and wounds is so small that after a three-day period, the patient can walk and recover painlessly at home. After the intervention according to the Longo technique, emphasis is placed on long-term dieting to prevent hemorrhoids from falling out again, since the procedure is not done on the external skin. Full rehabilitation period - 2 weeks.
Recovery after removal of hemorrhoids by Milligan-Morgan method
The operation is open and closed, and their rehabilitation period is different. In the first case, the patient can recover only in 5 weeks, and in the second - in 3-4. Rehabilitation takes a long time, because all the seams are done by hand, and the process is accompanied by a major loss of blood. However, the surgeon can immediately remove rectal fissures and paraproctitis.
Hand seams suggest scarring and slow healing of wounds. The patient operated on by this method requires careful care and timely disinfection of the anus. The first relief will come after a week of rehabilitation, and after 2-3 weeks it will be possible to begin leisurely work.
Recovery from hemorrhoids in this case requires the mandatory observance of a hygienic regimen along with a diet. The patient is inadmissible to be in a sitting position without a pillow and not to do short physiotherapy exercises every 3 hours.
Rehabilitation after removal of hemorrhoids by laser
Socially recover (i.e.to begin a familiar life) after a laser intervention, it is possible in 2 days, and some patients completely abandon rehabilitation measures and begin to work. Doctors warn that relapse may occur after laser therapy, and the next time recovery will be less easy and quick. It is following the rules of rehabilitation that guarantees the absence of problems in the future.
Allowed and Prohibited Products
A month after surgery, the main motto of the diet should be the word "balance". Proteins of animal origin and vegetable carbohydrates are the basis of the diet after hemorrhoids, or rather its removal.
Among the permitted products in the postoperative period are:
- pearl barley,
- buckwheat grain,
- wholemeal bread with bran,
- low fat fermented milk products,
- apples (if peeled, then baked),
- beets, carrots, cucumbers,
- poultry (it is advisable to limit yourself to chicken, otherwise you need to choose lean meat),
- lean meats, as well as fish that meet the same condition,
- dried fruits (dried apricots, prunes).
To prevent constipation, it is necessary to introduce a diet of enough fiber-rich foods (fruits and vegetables).
However, some people suffer intolerance to such substances, the result of their use is increased gas formation and other digestive disorders. That is a completely opposite picture.
In these cases, bran or microcellulose, which can be freely purchased at pharmacies, will be an excellent substitute. They need to be consumed by adding to soups, cereals (1 tablespoon per day will be sufficient).
Nutrition after surgery has another important nuance: maintaining the body's water balance. The fact is that this helps to soften fecal matter.
The most useful in quality are:
- weak (weak) green tea,
- herbal decoctions or herbal tea,
- stewed fruit prepared from the above dried fruits,
- mineral water, naturally without gas,
- filtered water.
The list of prohibited products during rehabilitation after hemorrhoidectomy includes the following items:
- White cabbage,
- whole milk,
- fresh apples with peel,
- turnip and radish,
- hot pepper
- carbonated drinks,
- chocolate and other cocoa products,
- mushrooms in any form,
- fatty fish and meat,
- poultry with fatty meat (geese, ducks),
- confectionery and pastry products,
- alcohol products.
Upon returning to “normal” junk food after the end of the rehabilitation period, the likelihood of a relapse of the pathology and the formation of new foci of the disease sharply increases. Of course, you can sometimes make indulgences, but they should not be delayed and take a systematic character.
It is advisable to adhere to the principles of a healthy diet and further - in addition to the prevention of hemorrhoids, this will be a great help in the prevention of other gastrointestinal diseases and problems with other organs.
The second day after surgery: what you can eat
Diet after removal hemorrhoids involves a gradual expansion of the menu. Starting from the second day, the patient can eat fractionally, 5-7 times a day at the same time. The interval between meals is 2-2.5 hours. This way you can ensure your intestines run smoothly, but without overloads.
The first meal is porridge. Moreover, it should be semi-liquid and highly boiled. This is porridge cooked strictly on water: whether buckwheat, millet, oat or rice. If the patient is at risk of constipation, then eat only millet or buckwheat for the first time.
Features of the menu of the second postoperative day:
- Pureed soups on vegetable broth with finely mashed vegetables,
- You can cook such a soup from potatoes, zucchini and carrots, you can season the soup with a small amount of sunflower or olive oils,
- At lunchtime, you can eat a small steam cutlet of veal, chicken or rabbit meat (but if you feel insecure, grind the meat and into the soup),
- Natural yogurt or low-fat kefir can also be eaten on the second day - but do not overdo it.
Why is the first nutrition after hemorrhoid surgery exactly this? Liquid foods form soft feces. They, in turn, minimally irritate the rectal mucosa. Also remember that you need to drink clean water, a few glasses a day.
If you feel good, you can eat one soft-boiled egg, a piece of boiled soft fish. If you want vegetables, they will have to be steamed, and then chopped in a blender. Used to eat with bread - a small piece of dried white bread is allowed. From drinking only water, weak tea, a light compote of dried fruits.
Diet during recovery
2 weeks after the operation, the menu becomes more diverse. Now, food intake is reduced to 5 times a day, and dishes can not only be steamed and boiled, but also stewed, baked (only without a crust)
At the same time, the dietary table should give strength to restore the body, it is important that the diet is balanced, and the products are healthy.
dairy products stewed and fresh vegetables
The main emphasis must be placed on stewed and fresh vegetables, dairy products. They do not overload the stomach and promote regular stool.
List of allowed products:
- lean meat and fish, seafood, eggs,
- buckwheat, wheat, pearl barley, barley, millet,
- soups on the second meat, fish broth, borsch, beetroot soup, cabbage soup,
- bread from second-grade flour (and not fresh, but yesterday), biscuit cookies, dry biscuit,
- fresh cottage cheese, yogurt, cheese, cream, milk, sour cream (in dishes),
- bechamel sauce, tomato, sour cream,
- ripe, sweet berries and fruits,
- zucchini, carrots pumpkin, beets, tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower,
- green tea, fruit, black, chicory, compotes, vegetable, berry, fruit juices,
- honey, marmalade, jam, pastille in limited quantities,
- rice groats, potato dishes infrequently.
- fresh apples, cabbage, radish, legumes,
- grapes, gooseberries, citrus fruits,
- sorrel, onion, radish, garlic,
- smoked meats, pickled and spicy foods,
- natural coffee, alcoholic drinks, sparkling water, kvass, cocoa, strong tea.
Features and nutrition after removal of hemorrhoids
The rehabilitation period after removal of hemorrhoids can be significantly mitigated and shortened in duration, if you use a properly composed menu, adhere to the recommended dietary requirements. The patient is in the hospital for the first week, therefore, the dietary table is monitored by a doctor. Extract home - not a reason to refuse to comply with the regime and quality of food. Since it takes about a month to heal after a classical operation, then the following rules must be strictly followed for this period:
- Exclude fatty meat, fish, smoked products, pickles, spicy seasonings due to irritating aggressive effects on the intestines.
- All types of alcohol (beer, tinctures), sparkling water, coffee, strong tea are strictly prohibited, since drinks expand the intestinal arteries, increase blood flow, and promote bloating.
- It is necessary to eat mainly liquid and semi-liquid dishes (vegetable soups, weak broths). For second courses, boiled and stewed vegetables are suitable.
- Servings should be reduced by half, but eat at least 5-6 times a day (ideal intervals - after 2.5-3 hours). This will not allow you to feel hunger, fragmentation reduces the burden for digestion. You can not allow a single overeating, long breaks in food intake.
- You will need to abandon too chilled and hot dishes.
- It is important to observe the technology of culinary processing: it is forbidden to fry, bake using the grill, eat vegetables and fruits in raw form. Food should be boiled, stewed, baked in the oven, cooked in a double boiler, chopped, not containing coarse impurities.
Example menu after surgery (2 weeks - 1 month)
Almost all main dishes are allowed to the patient. Casseroles, puddings, meat in the oven, a variety of stews - eat what your heart desires. So, an example menu:
- Breakfast: buckwheat flakes, grated cheese, soft-boiled egg, tea.
- Breakfast (second): steamed meatballs, unsweetened yogurt.
- Lunch: vegetable puree soup, steamed meatloaf, cauliflower casserole, compote.
- Snack: cottage cheese pudding, fruit jelly.
- Dinner: mashed potatoes, boiled fish with sour cream sauce, biscuits, tea.
Or another option:
- Breakfast: steam omelet with carrots, vegetable salad, fresh fruit.
- Breakfast (second): cottage cheese with sour cream, a slice of bread with jam, tea with milk.
- Lunch: soup with noodles and meatballs, fish baked with vegetables, stewed fruit.
- Snack: dry cookies, liver pate, fruit jelly.
- Dinner: sweet milk porridge, carrot and apple roll, biscuit, tea with honey.
The recovery process after surgery for hemorrhoids is largely dependent on nutrition, so you should not neglect a therapeutic diet. It helps to significantly improve digestion, normalize stool, restore basic bowel function, and avoid bloating and abdominal pain. With proper diet, you can return to your usual lifestyle in a month.
Meals for a month after surgery
30 days is the average period of scar formation after hemorrhoidectomy, in some patients with plastic sphincter muscle, depending on the degree of insufficiency, it stretches for 2 months. It takes only 2 weeks to heal a wound after tissue rejection caused by minimally invasive treatments for stage I-II hemorrhoids. To determine exactly how many days to adhere to a strict diet, the attending physician should.
It is not recommended to eat foods that irritate the intestines, eat fatty meat, lard, hot sauces, confectionery. There remains a ban on alcohol in any form. Loose porridge is needed, with good tolerance - milk and vegetable soups, stewed vegetables. It is allowed to boil pasta from the third week. Recipes can be found in the Cookbook or on special sites on the Internet.
All canned food is strictly contraindicated. You can’t eat a large amount of food at a time, the portions remain small. Multiplicity of nutrition must be maintained up to 6 times a day.
What is forbidden to eat on the second day after surgery
The menu after surgery for hemorrhoids is a large number of prohibitions. The main mistake of many patients: raw vegetables and fruits. The patient argues: for good bowel function, fiber is needed, so I will eat a cucumber for lunch, and an apple for dinner. But in raw foods - only coarse fiber, it will irritate the walls of your operated intestines.
Prohibited on the second day after surgery:
- All products that enhance gas formation - grapes, cabbage, all legumes, radishes and radishes, cow's milk,
- Mucosal irritants - horseradish, onion and garlic,
- Carbonated drinks,
- Caffeinated products (black tea, coffee, cocoa),
- Spicy dishes, salinity, smoked meats, all pickled, as well as fried dishes,
- Products with animal fats, especially refractory ones (such as lamb, goose, duck meat),
- Butter, any greasy cream, any sour cream,
- Hard cheeses
- Flour and sweets.
Many readers have a logical question: how to eat properly, if on the second day after the operation a person is in the hospital and can’t prepare his perfect food? First, diet after surgery is also provided in the hospital. But not everyone likes hospital food, so you have to take care of a good menu yourself. Hence the "second": it is worth asking for help from relatives. You pre-compile them a list of homemade, proper, soft food. You can even write recipes. And they will bring her to the hospital. There are no hopeless situations.
Prohibited foods after surgery
After the operation, it is important to be able to refuse food by products that can cause fermentation processes in the digestive tract. Prohibited products in the form of grapes or raisins, dairy products, kvass and carbonated drinks. Any legume dishes can also cause flatulence, which is extremely undesirable for an injured mucosa.
In the postoperative recovery period, you can not eat some types of vegetables, which at other times could only bring benefits. From white cabbage, turnips, radishes, radishes and the like, it is better to completely abandon it for a while. Protein products in the form of goose, pork meat, lamb meat or mushrooms are also forbidden to be used in food throughout the 1st week, and sometimes, depending on the patient’s condition, may be longer.
Among the prohibited are products that stimulate increased production of gastric juice, which causes increased appetite. It can be onions, garlic, any hot seasonings. Various marinades, smoked meats, alcohol - are unacceptable in food after removal of hemorrhoids. All of them increase the rush of blood in the pelvic region, which leads to longer healing of the sutures.
A variety of pastries and sweets are excluded from the patient's daily menu.
Damage to the intestinal mucosa can fully drag out for one month, but only when the patient adheres to the recommended diet and limits the consumption of harmful products. If you adhere to the doctor’s recommendations, you can not only accelerate recovery, but also prevent recurrent diseases.
Recommended products include:
- coarse flour products enriched with bran, vitamins, microelements,
- friable semi-liquid cereals (especially buckwheat, oatmeal and wheat), steamed after readiness,
- lean meat and fish are steamed in the form of meatballs, meatballs, baked in a souffle, chicken is boiled. All this provides the need for protein,
- fermented milk products help to avoid constipation, are useful in a high concentration of proteins (cottage cheese, kefir, cheese, yogurt), but you should buy products with a reduced fat content,
- it is better to cook vegetables boiled or stewed (in the form of a side dish for meat), they supply fiber, stimulate digestion, suitable dishes of potatoes, boiled beets, broccoli, carrots, zucchini, cucumbers, bell peppers,
- fruit useful baked sweet apple, bananas, kiwi, prunes, peaches, plums, oranges,
- berries have the necessary properties: blueberries, raspberries, blackberries,
- to maintain water balance, it is necessary to control the use of fluids (fresh fruit juices, decoctions of medicinal herbs, rose hips, mineral water without gas, berry jelly, dried fruit compote, weak green tea, chicory).
Nutrition rules after removal of hemorrhoids
After surgery, the doctor prescribes a special diet for the patient.
Compliance with the diet is a necessary condition for the recovery of the body after surgery. It is necessary to observe the rules of nutrition, the advice of the attending physician. Be sure to avoid prohibited products, give up alcohol, smoking. The patient's discipline in these matters enables the body to recover quickly.
The proctologist selects the time limits individually. On average, recovery from open hemorrhoidectomy requires 6–8 weeks. With a closed intervention, 3-5 weeks will pass.
If you do not follow a diet during the recovery period, complications are possible:
- stitches do not heal well
- blood flow from the damaged mucosa,
- seam rupture
Improper nutrition contributes to a rush of blood to the pelvic areas with venous congestion. Any adverse factors: gas accumulation, constipation, diarrhea delay the healing process of joints, can lead to complications.
Products must meet the following requirements:
- Improve mucosal tissue regeneration.
- Food should contain proteins, vitamins, the whole complex of mineral elements.
- Food should not contribute to gas formation.
- Do not irritate the intestinal mucosa.
- Do not increase the amount of feces.
- Contribute to relaxation.
Adequate fluids should be consumed. Compliance with simple rules will lead to a successful recovery.
What should not be eaten in the first month?
After the operation and a strict diet, which is followed during the 1st week, after this time you can not begin to abuse foods that can damage the intestines. If constipation resumes or other problems occur, it can cause relapse and lead to the resumption of new hemorrhoidal nodes.
Improper nutrition can also cause other health disorders. Adhering to the principles of a healthy lifestyle and proper nutrition, you can protect yourself from the occurrence of many diseases and maintain vigor and health for many years.
If the patient is prone to frequent constipation, it is necessary to exclude foods that contribute to this from the diet. Regarding the menu, you need to consult your doctor, as well as listen to your body. Each person has his own individual characteristics, and the fact that some pass without a trace, while others can cause significant digestive disorders.
Relapses in violation of the conditions of the correct lifestyle can occur within 5-10 years, and following a certain diet can prevent the development of pathological processes. Improper nutrition is one of the triggering factors that can cause the re-formation of hemorrhoids.
When preparing meals, it is better not to get involved in fried and smoked foods, due to the fact that the excessively curdled protein obtained by frying the product is difficult for digestion and can disrupt the restoration of damage.
General recommendations for nutrition after removal of hemorrhoids
In addition, the patient who underwent surgery needs to be more careful about his diet. First, it is necessary to limit salt intake, in the process, excess water will begin to leave the body, and blood vessels will also begin to gradually decrease. In the same time drinking plenty of plain water can speed up recovery.
The fact is that useful fiber, which is emphasized in all antihemorrhoids diets, can be absorbed only with a sufficient amount of water in the body. If there is a lack of fluid, then this can cause even longer constipation. Also, you can not drink food with water, since in this case the gastric juice becomes diluted and does not cope well with the digestion of food. It is better to drink tea or any drinks 20 minutes after eating, and they should be hot or warm.
It is known that one of the causes of hemorrhoids is constantly occurring constipation. But as it turned out, constipation is the biggest problem in the postoperative period, so the question of what you can eat after surgery for hemorrhoids is the most important in the process of patient recovery.
The list of products recommended for diet in the postoperative period with hemorrhoids
Surgical removal of hemorrhoids is a serious operation that is performed under general anesthesia. Almost all patients experience severe pain in the postoperative period, and they have to take pain medication. However, surgery is no guarantee that the disease will never return. A lot depends on a person’s lifestyle and one of the main points is what a person eats. It is very important to eat right, and you should start literally from the first day after the operation.
Doctors formulated four principles of the diet during the recovery period after surgery to remove hemorrhoids:
- The first principle. Balance and variety. The principle is that the patient should receive all the nutrients and vitamins necessary for normal functioning,
- The second principle. Fractionality. This means that the patient should eat frequently (every 2-3 hours), but in very small portions,
- The third principle. Rationality. The essence of the principle is that food in the postoperative period should not provoke constipation or flatulence in a person, which will extremely complicate the recovery process.
- The fourth principle. Favorability. By this concept, nutritionists understand the fact that food should be favorable for all digestive processes that occur in the patient's body.
Based on these principles, nutritionists recommend in the recovery period after surgery to remove hemorrhoids to completely abandon such products:
- Greens, vegetables and fruits, which are high in fiber,
- Beans, absolutely everything
- Soda, kvass,
- Smoked and pickled products,
- Meat (lamb and pork),
As for the products that are recommended, then they should include:
- Porridge (wheat, buckwheat),
- Soft fruits and vegetables,
- Sour milk products,
- Fish or chicken meat (lean)
- Wholemeal bread.
All dishes must be cooked exclusively steamed.
When can you introduce familiar foods into your diet?
The patient must remember that the cause of hemorrhoids is not eliminated by the operation. Therefore, diet food should become habitual for life. The goal is to preserve the remaining venous vessels of the pelvis, to prevent expansion, loss of tone. Even years after surgery, one should not give in to excesses. Any use of alcohol, spicy and fried foods can contribute to a new exacerbation.
Sometimes you can carefully treat yourself to a slice of cake or barbecue. But you can’t enter such power into the system. In addition to proper nutrition, it is necessary to monitor weight, perform exercises for the rectum, do exercises during sedentary work.
When pain, blood in the stool, the resumption of the symptoms of hemorrhoids, you should immediately consult a doctor. The effect of the diet in such cases is powerless without drugs.
Surgery for hemorrhoids is remembered for a long time by the patient. The more patient a person performs preventive measures, the lower the risk of relapse. Danger awaits people with a regular violation of the basic rules of nutrition.
First days after surgery
On the 2nd day after surgery, you can eat porridge on the water
In the first 24 hours after surgery, completely refuse food. This allows the feces not to form. As a result, damaged areas will not irritate anything, pressure.
In the first 24 hours you should drink a lot. Non-carbonated mineral water is suitable for this.
During the first day, primary regeneration of the damaged mucosa will take place.
Refusal of food is recommended only at the initial stage. From the second day, eating begins. If you tighten the fasting process, then in the future, solid feces will form, which is unacceptable.
You should start with drinks and cereals. Herbal chamomile, nettle tea, stewed dogwood berries, lightly brewed green tea.
Needed cereals on the water, without butter, sugar. Suitable cereals: barley, oat, wheat.
On the third day, you should gradually switch to a diet, it will last another seven days.
- low-fat dairy products,
- vegetable soups
- liquid cereals
- lean meat, poultry, fish.
The diet should contain the necessary proteins, carbohydrates. We choose dietary methods of cooking. You can stew, cook. Porridge should be boiled in water. Steamed dishes are acceptable.
First, you should adhere to the following rules of nutrition, lifestyle:
- Do not overeat.
- To eat in small portions after 2.5 hours.
- Need a little physical activity. At first, a small one, for example, yoga, then walking.
- No smoking.
- Alcohol is prohibited.
- The diet should be easy, complete.
- Liquids with cereals and soups should be about 3 liters per day.
- A small amount of vegetable oil should be present in the dishes.
Thus, the gastrointestinal system will not receive a large load, and the recovery process will go faster.
The first month after surgery: what you need to eat
Nutrition after removal of hemorrhoidal nodes is an essential part of recovery and recovery of the body. Do not break the diet, rather forget about the operation.
Despite the pain remains, already on the third postoperative day, patients feel much better. Liquid mashed food still remains a priority, but upon returning home you can gradually, without hurry, adjust your menu.
The diet after hemorrhoid surgery is based on 5 principles:
- The rectal canal should not be irritating. Therefore, all dishes with peppercorns, salted and pickled, smoked, you exclude from the diet. Do not look into the seasoning department either. Food should be simple, without a harsh taste. By the way, you will quickly get used to the true taste of dishes and after a diet you will not like spicy, smoked and salty. And this is a big plus postoperative diet!
- Food should contribute to fecal relaxation. Therefore, include in the menu products that soften stool. These are vegetables, cereals, plentiful drink.
- In the diet should not be foods that cause gas formation and excess feces. Therefore forget for a while about brown bread, milk, peas, nuts, beans, grapes, white cabbage, etc.
- Food should enhance regeneration processes. Therefore, nutrition should be fortified, balanced, rich in protein. So, delete fatty meat from the menu, but dietary varieties of meat and fish should not be excluded from the diet.
- Postoperative nutrition is fractional nutrition. Divide the daily amount of food into 5-6 servings. And they do not have to be large, otherwise, there will be an intestinal overload.
To control the amount of food, take small plates. For the first time, even tea saucers and small bowls for soup are suitable. Do not be afraid, you will not stay hungry if you eat properly. Since your physical activity is limited for the first month after surgery, there is a risk of gaining excess weight. This will slow down the healing process. But if you eat right, in small portions, you can even lose those extra pounds.
What can harm after surgery
What can be eaten after removal of hemorrhoids, it is said, the list of prohibited foods is also described. But it happens that the doctor will list the main points, and the patient stumbles on some little things. For example, in the first month after the operation, you need to abandon the seeds, sweets, rolls. Such limitations surprise some patients, but they are reasonable.
You can not eat heavy food, for example, mushrooms. I want to recover a light mushroom soup, it boils, and then digestion problems, respectively, with bowel movements begin. Was an obsessive desire worth the trouble?
Of course, in no case should you drink alcohol. After surgery, the patient often takes a course of antibiotics - this helps to avoid infection, inflammation and other postoperative risks. Incompatible alcohol and antibiotics.
Superfoods for the recovery period
What do people who have had surgery usually bring to the hospital? Everything is traditionally - chicken broth, yogurts, citrus fruits. This is such a tradition, and many visitors do not even think about why these products are needed for convalescence.And are they necessary? And is it for everyone? And after each operation, are such products needed? Of course not. For example, citrus fruits cannot be eaten after an operation to remove hemorrhoids.
There is food that will be very useful for a person who has had surgery. And not everyone knows that simple pepper and ginger can greatly support a recovering person.
What is useful bell pepper:
- An ordinary pepper, which many do not even eat much, turns out to be the champion in the content of many vitamins. There is a lot of vitamin C (even more than in citrus fruits), and it is very necessary for the formation of elastic fibers.
- There is a lot of vitamin A in orange peppers, and he is responsible, as you know, for skin renewal - which is important for scar healing.
- Vitamin E, which is also rich in pepper, contributes to the regenerative processes in the body.
- Pepper allows the body to produce fibrin, which literally seals the wound.
Another “postoperative product” is ginger. Today it can be bought everywhere, it is affordable and cheap. Ginger contains valuable gingerol, which triggers cell renewal processes. And also ginger copes with anti-inflammatory function. It enhances metabolism, protects the body from infection. But not all patients after surgery can eat ginger: it dilates blood vessels, and in some situations this is unacceptable. Of course, you can’t “lean” on ginger in the first days after the operation, but when the diet becomes more loyal, do not forget about ginger.
What is the danger of non-diet
The recovery period lasts 1-2 months. Dates vary depending on the technique of the operation, on the initial condition of the patient, his age, concomitant diseases, etc. All this time the patient must adhere to a special restorative diet.
The functions of dietary nutrition in the postoperative period:
- Supplying the body with the necessary nutrients: for healthy life and for physiological regenerative processes,
- Prevention of increased blood pressure in the pelvic organs,
- Counteracting constipation and gas.
If your diet is wrong, but the likelihood of postoperative complications is not just there, it is huge. You risk earning serious bleeding from the operated vessels, there is a risk of divergence of sutures or ruptures of healed tissues. The likelihood of joining a secondary infection. Flatulence and constipation are an almost inevitable consequence of dietary disorders. Because of this, the patient’s rehabilitation period will be seriously delayed, and unhealed tissues will be injured.
Of course, the patient who keeps a nutrition diary is right and prudent: he prepares a daily menu in advance, describes his feelings, controls nutrition, state, activity, etc. You need to respect your own diet with reverence - the operation alone will not solve your entire problem. It is only 50% of success, whether they will be supplemented by other 50%, depends on the correct rehabilitation period.
Minimally invasive techniques: do you need a diet
Fortunately, no more than 15% of operations related to the removal of hemorrhoidal nodes occur in hemorrhoidectomy. Today, the problem of inflamed cones in the anus is also solved in less traumatic ways. Most of them do not even require hospitalization of the patient. Mini-operations are carried out on an outpatient basis or in the department of the day hospital.
A logical question arises: what kind of diet after hemorrhoid surgery in this way does the patient need? And is she needed at all? If you remove the nodes using a laser, if you make alloying with latex rings or cryodestruction, the recovery process will be short. But he will still be.
Not a single patient is able to jump from the table of the surgeon and run about his business, without changing anything in the usual way of life.Even mild surgical actions that do not leave scars and wounds on the mucosa will be associated with subsequent uncomfortable bowel movements. Yes, even if this is short-lived, and the pain during bowel movements subsides quite quickly, there are dietary restrictions.
But if the diet after Since hemorrhoidectomy is quite rigid, then nutrition after minimally invasive interventions will not be so truncated and specific. Although for their own peace of mind, doctors advise patients in the early days to eat fractional, mainly liquid, mashed food. Stool in the postoperative 24-36 hours is also undesirable.
In some patients, after surgery, there is a great fear of bowel movement. They are so afraid to go to the toilet (even when you can do it) that they try not to eat at all. Of course, this does not benefit the patient. The first acts of defecation are really painful: severe pain, and even rectal bleeding, are not excluded.
While in the hospital, you are under medical supervision. The doctor conducts an examination, sees how the recovery goes. And he does not disregard such problems with bowel movements. Be frank with the doctor - your complaints and comments will allow him to help you, ease painful processes.
What can not be eaten after 1 month
Practice shows that a month after surgery, the body is restored almost completely. However, the established diet should be maintained. Continue, as before, to eat a little, but often, continue to save a significant place in the menu for vegetables without a lot of coarse fiber, dairy products should be constantly present on the table, and light meats should compensate for the need for proteins.
The patient begins to feel almost healthy and has temptations. Most often it is the temptation to drink soda, as well as return coffee and strong tea to your menu. This should not be done in order to avoid relapse of hemorrhoids.
One month after surgery
A month later, everything is the same as immediately after the operation, there should not be products in the diet that promote gas formation in the digestive tract. This is brown bread, kvass, raisins, fresh milk. Besides In addition, a ban on any legumes continues to apply. You should refrain from smoked products. There is also a taboo on any pickles.
Vegetables such as cabbage (white cabbage), radish, turnip and radish are considered nutritional catalyst products by nutritionists, so they should also be excluded from the menu. Heavy meats (pork, lamb, waterfowl meat) are also prohibited. Not critical, but undesirable because of stimulating feelings of increased appetite, garlic, onions, apples, dates and gooseberries, raspberries.
Recipes for proper nutrition after surgical removal of hemorrhoids
A few recipes that will help people in the postoperative period to eat properly and tasty.
- Porridge for constipation. In the evening, take two tablespoons of cereal (oatmeal), crushed nuts, whole flax seed, finely chopped dried fruits and pour this mixture with a glass of cold water. In the morning, drain the water and pour the mixture with kefir (a few tablespoons). With, this cereal for breakfast is not worth drinking juice or eating fresh fruits to avoid flatulence.
- Millet porridge with dried fruits and honey. To prepare this porridge should take two tablespoons of millet, 30 grams of prunes, and also add 20 grams of dried apricots and 10 grams (a third of a tablespoon) of butter. You will also need half a glass of milk, a tablespoon of honey and a teaspoon of sugar. Rinse millet well (5-6 times) and pour it into boiling milk. Add butter and sugar there. As soon as the porridge begins to thicken, add the dried fruits. Remove from heat and let stand, approximately approximately 2-3 hours. Before serving, it is worth flavoring porridge with honey.
- Potato and bran cutlets. To prepare the cutlets, you should take three medium potato tubers, which must be boiled in a peel. After the potatoes have cooled, they must be peeled and ground to a homogeneous mass (for this you can use a spoon, a blender or a meat grinder). Bran is filled with milk (we take two tablespoons of bran and milk) and let stand for about 20 minutes. Add one egg and butter (half a tablespoon). The cutlets formed from this mass are baked in the oven at 180 degrees.
- Boiled egg or steam omelet / cottage cheese with finely chopped dried fruit / salad of boiled carrots and beets with vegetable oil,
- Kiwi / Banana.
- Vegetable soup / weak meat or fish broth,
- Steam Chicken Cutlet / Steam Fish Cutlet,
- A serving of bran bread
- A couple of pieces of dried apricots or prunes / dried dogwood.
- A glass of fermented baked milk / kefir / cocktail of kefir, banana and kiwi,
- Crisp bread
- Boiled fish / Boiled poultry / Steam fish or meat cutlet,
- Gray bread
- Herbal infusion / unsweetened tea.
- Dogwood compote / herbal infusion,
- Crispbread / Dried Fruits.
creates a picture after its use, which illustrates how detrimental it affects hemorrhoids patients. Alcohol dilates blood vessels and speeds up the heartbeat. The increased blood flow presses on the weak walls of the venous vessels of the rectum and can break through them in a particularly thinned place.
At the end of the vasodilating action, a sharp inhibition of cardiac activity is observed and blood stasis is formed. Ruptures of capillaries, bleeding from hemorrhoids are possible. The kidneys, expelling alcohol toxins, draws out a lot of fluid, urination becomes more frequent. Dehydration begins, which is fraught with constipation.
Tense vessels with difficulty emptying the intestines may burst. Alcohol breakdown products fall into fresh gaps and cracks and intoxication and ulceration of the walls of blood vessels and intestinal mucosa begin.
color-box color = ”blue” After drinking alcohol with hemorrhoids, the formation of new lesions is often observed. Therefore, alcohol is strictly contraindicated in hemorrhoids. / Color-box
Nutrition after hemorrhoid surgery must comply with the following rules:
- do not irritate the mucous membranes mechanically or chemically (acids, spices, smoking, coarse fiber, salt). In the first days, they wipe the food
- do not stimulate the secretion of bile, it injures the damaged mucous membrane - rejection of fried, fatty foods,
- cooking: stewing, baking, boiling,
- prevent constipation, include laxative foods, a sufficient amount of water in the food. Stool softening is facilitated by the intake of liquid paraffin,
- prevent bloating by eliminating beans, beans, milk, rye bread, cabbage,
- accelerate tissue healing - the inclusion of protein (cottage cheese, sour-milk drinks, fish, meat), vitamins, minerals from vegetables, berries,
- the multiplicity of meals - 5 times, in portions of not more than 300 g,
- food temperature is about 40 degrees, hot food is not allowed,
- alcoholic beverages are prohibited, they stimulate the flow of blood to the pelvic organs.
Nutrition after surgery to remove hemorrhoids includes crushed, semi-liquid, mashed food:
- vegetarian soup
- mashed potatoes or soufflé from vegetables, chicken, pike perch,
- baked apples, bananas,
- dried bread (no more than 2 slices),
- the cottage cheese is not sour,
- dairy drinks,
- tea, chicory, rosehip infusion, herbal tea, diluted juice.
A strict diet after surgical removal of hemorrhoids is necessary for at least a month. With laser coagulation, more rapid expansion of the menu is allowed. Nevertheless, the basic principles of dietary nutrition must be adhered to in order to avoid complications of hemorrhoidectomy.
The postoperative diet provides painless restoration of the mucous membrane, so food should not injure the digestive system. At the same time, it is important to stimulate the activity of peristalsis (contractions of the intestinal wall).
Prepare any porridge or casserole from whole grains, except rice and semolina. Rough species - pearl barley, barley, millet are allowed after the disappearance of the pain syndrome. If cereal flakes are used, then it is advisable to add a dessert spoon of bran and flax seeds to them. Cook until fully cooked, served with milk, cream (up to 50 ml) or butter (5 g).
A month after surgery for hemorrhoids, the surgical wound is completely healed, and patients gradually switch to an expanded menu. New dishes in the diet should be introduced gradually, making sure that they do not provoke constipation, diarrhea, bloating. When compiling the menu, one should adhere to the principle of complexity, that is, each fish or meat dish should be supplemented with a side dish of boiled, stewed or baked vegetables. The following products are recommended for use:
- stale gray or bran bread,
- all kinds of cereals, except semolina,
- durum wheat pasta (not more than twice a week),
- vegetables: tomatoes, cucumbers, cauliflower, broccoli, pumpkin, zucchini, beets,
- fruits: apples, pears, bananas,
- dried fruits: dried apricots, prunes,
- lean meat: beef, turkey, rabbit, chicken,
- low-fat varieties of sea and river fish,
- dairy products (any),
- vegetable oil (olive, sunflower),
- compotes, juices, decoctions of herbs, fruit drinks, cooked at home without the addition of sugar.
Fresh vegetable salad is allowed. However, initially it should be consumed in small portions and monitor the body's reaction. With good tolerance, the volume is gradually increased.
Dried fruits are consumed in a well-soaked form and in an amount of not more than 5-10 berries per day.
Compliance with the water regime is also important. During the day, you should drink at least 2.5-3 liters of liquid (all liquid is considered, including that included in the composition of soup, compote, tea, etc.). This helps prevent constipation.
After the surgical treatment of hemorrhoids in order to prevent relapse, it is important that patients maintain proper nutrition for as long as possible (preferably continuously).
From the diet should be excluded food, which contributes to constipation and irritates the intestinal mucosa:
- the so-called garbage food (chips, crackers, other snacks, fast food),
- smoked, fatty foods,
- canned food, pastes, sausages and sausages,
- butter and other animal fats,
- fresh milk,
- foods and dishes with a high content of starch (potatoes, mashed potatoes, jelly),
- all kinds of legumes,
- all kinds of mushrooms,
- red and white cabbage, radish, radish, daikon, onion, garlic, sour leafy vegetables,
- berries and fruits containing small seeds,
- dates and nuts,
- all kinds of confectionery, pastries from shortbread, puff and yeast dough,
- white and rye bread
- spicy sauces and any other spicy foods, spices,
- caffeinated drinks (coffee, strong tea, energy, cola),
- alcoholic drinks
- all kinds of carbonated drinks.
Rice and semolina are allowed in the menu no more than 1-2 times a week in small quantities.
When cooking, you must refuse to fry. Dishes should be steamed, boiled, stewed or baked.
If there is a strong desire to eat a product from the list of prohibited, it is allowed to eat a small amount. If after this the intestinal functions are not violated, in the future this product can occasionally be included in the menu.
Nutrition after removal of hemorrhoids should be balanced and at the same time contribute to gentle bowel movement.An example of a weekly menu for a patient who has had hemorrhoids removed.
Nutrition after removal of hemorrhoids should be balanced and at the same time contribute to gentle bowel movement.
Breakfast: steam omelet, a couple of slices of low-fat cheese.
Second breakfast: cottage cheese, banana.
Lunch: vegetable soup on the water, bran bread, steam chicken cutlet.
Snack: a glass of kefir, crisp bread.
Dinner: boiled fish, roasted beetroot caviar.
Breakfast: buckwheat porridge, baked apple.
Second breakfast: salad of boiled carrots and beets with vegetable oil.
It is recommended to create a weekly menu during recovery after surgery for hemorrhoids.
Methods of cooking after surgery
Porridge should be boiled liquid, viscous or very friable, greatly boiling the cereal. You can steam cereals in a thermos for 10-12 hours without cooking. Buckwheat and millet are preferred as the most digestible and nutritious. Rice is no less useful, but you need to use it with caution: it has a fixing effect.
Meat and fish need to be steamed, boiled or baked in a slow cooker or oven, wrapped in foil or parchment without the use of fat (usefulness is shown - in decreasing order).
Vegetables are best steamed, boiled or cook casseroles with the addition of vegetable oil. In raw form, they can irritate postoperative areas, therefore, in their natural form they must be consumed after complete healing of the wound surface, introducing gradually.
color-box color = ”white” Any animal protein must accompany a vegetable side dish. / color-box
Bread is good bran, from coarse flour, rich in fiber. White bread, muffin are not useful and contain undesirable simple carbohydrates during gastrointestinal tract operations. Brown bread causes flatulence and triggers the undesirable fermentation process during hemorrhoids.
It is permissible to eat high-fiber dietary crispbread. Exclude sour fruits completely, eat sweet with caution in order to avoid fermentation. Sugar should be replaced with fructose.
- Fry (promotes the formation of plaque cholesterol and a blood clot in the vessels),
- Smoke (artificial thickeners and "liquid smoke" destroy the membranes of vascular cells),
- Cook with spicy and too spicy seasonings (irritates the intestines, especially damaged ones),
- Salt (salt contributes to swelling and irritates the intestinal mucosa)
- Cook in animal fat or large amounts of vegetable fat (due to high cholesterol),
- Pickle (has an irritating effect).
In the diet of a patient who underwent surgery to remove hemorrhoids, the main dishes should be friable, viscous or liquid, millet, buckwheat or other cereals - strongly boiled. It is recommended to steam cereals with boiling water overnight in a thermos. Fish or meat is cooked, steamed or baked. It is first necessary to cut off excess fat and skin. A side dish is required for meat. Vegetables should undergo gentle heat treatment to stop irritation of the gastric mucosa.
When preparing food for a patient who underwent surgery to remove hemorrhoids, you need to follow some rules. Porridge must be prepared in liquid or crumbly, the cereal should be greatly boiled. You can steam the cereal without cooking in a thermos for 10 hours or cook porridge in a slow cooker.
Porridge for the patient is best prepared in a slow cooker.
It is more beneficial to cook meat and fish dishes for a couple, you can bake in the oven or slow cooker. It is not recommended to use fat, meat or fish can be wrapped in foil or parchment.
Raw vegetables after removal of hemorrhoids are best avoided, because they can irritate the mucous membranes, the best option is to cook food for a couple or boil them.
Raw vegetables to the patient after surgery to remove hemorrhoids can be consumed only after the complete healing of postoperative wounds.
What to drink and how much?
Nutrition after hemorrhoid surgery should be accompanied by increased fluid intake. The principles of consumption of drinks:
- Cold drinks are consumed half an hour before a meal.
- After eating, the drink should be warm or hot.
- You can not eat and drink water. It dilutes the gastric juice.
- Tea is drunk half an hour after a meal.
So that the nodes, flatulence and cracks do not return, the daily water norm should be at least 8 cups. In the morning, a glass of cold water on an empty stomach softens the stool and makes bowel movements soft and painless. Even if thirst does not bother, you need to drink a little water. After the operation, a full glass should always stand on the bedside table near the bed. Food should not be dry.
Can I smoke after surgery?
Nicotine resin adversely affects the state of the walls of blood vessels and destabilizes blood flow. Because of this, blood circulation is difficult and blood stagnation occurs, especially with a sedentary lifestyle or being overweight. Since hemorrhoids are a problem of blood vessels and blood circulation, smoking cessation is one of the stages of a long treatment. With continued smoking, the effectiveness of treatment decreases.
Prohibited foods after removing hemorrhoids
During the recovery period of the patient after surgery to remove hemorrhoids in his diet should not be products that contribute to increased gas formation and fermentation in the stomach and intestines. Topping the list of prohibited foods are legumes, brown bread, kvass, grapes, raisins, and milk. Carbonated and alcoholic drinks, smoked, fried and pickled dishes, pickles, mushrooms, seasonings are also contraindicated.
Of vegetables, increased gas production is caused by: white cabbage, radish, radish, turnip. Fruits that contribute to increased production of gastric juice are also prohibited: raspberries, apples, gooseberries.
Bean tops the list of banned foods after removing hemorrhoids.
The patient should refrain from drinking milk.
Under ban are apples, which contribute to increased production of gastric juice.
A person who has had surgery to remove hemorrhoids is not recommended to consume seafood.
Alcohol is prohibited during the postoperative period.
Patients who underwent surgery to remove hemorrhoids during the recovery period are not recommended to eat fatty meats and seafood.
Alcoholic beverages with hemorrhoids are strictly prohibited. Alcohol causes vasodilation and increased pressure on their walls, with hemorrhoids this can lead to bleeding and the formation of nodes, and in the postoperative period to complications.
To make the menu use:
- bread crumbs (gray, bran),
- cereal soup with vegetables,
- meat of chicken, rabbit,
- boiled fish, seafood,
- cereals, casseroles with buckwheat, oatmeal, wheat groats,
- all vegetables except prohibited. Beetroot, pumpkin or carrot boiled and raw are especially useful, a salad of fresh vegetables is mandatory, except for cabbage. It’s better to boil, stew,
- soft-boiled eggs, scrambled eggs,
- cottage cheese, Narine, yogurt, yogurt, fermented baked milk, kefir,
- fruit and vegetable juice,
- vegetable oil (up to 2 tablespoons), butter (up to 15 g).
Post-operative diet goal
Hemorrhoids are a common disease that affects both women and men. Modern surgery successfully fights polyps and hemorrhoids. Operations are carried out in various ways. Perhaps excision with a scalpel or laser. In certain cases, patients are offered ligation with latex rings.
Depending on the nature of the operation, the recovery period is different. With a closed intervention, the rehabilitation period is from 3 to 5 weeks.After open surgery, the recovery process will take from 6 to 8 weeks.
During this period, it is important to eat right, which is necessary for the speediest tissue regeneration. With improper nutrition, blood flow to the pelvic veins is possible, which leads to divergence of sutures, bleeding from damaged walls of the mucous membrane and, as a result, infection. Such complications provoke products that are prohibited for use after surgery.
Unbalanced diets can result in constipation or frustration. The lower intestine suffers, and the healing process is delayed. That is why nutrition after removal of hemorrhoids should be correct, without eating foods that prolong the recovery process.
What you can not eat in 1 month
After excision of hemorrhoidal nodes, the patient needs to follow a strict diet. It is forbidden to eat food, which contributes to the development of constipation, provokes bloating, causes diarrhea. These foods include excess fiber and fruits and vegetables.
- strong brewed coffee and tea,
- bread kvass.
It is better to refrain from products that irritate the intestinal wall, such as garlic, onion or radish. After the operation, the patient should abandon the use of alcohol, spicy and smoked food, preservation. You can not eat pickled vegetables and fruits, spices.
As for meat products, fatty meats should be excluded. Do not get involved in baking and sweets.
After excision of hemorrhoidal formations surgically, the wound is healed within a month. This is possible if the patient adheres to a diet. By following simple rules, complications and new exacerbations can be avoided.
In the first 24 hours after surgery, the intestines should be free, the patient can only drink. On the second day, they are allowed to take food in small portions.
Can or cannot drink alcohol after surgery
To understand whether it is possible or not to take alcohol after removing hemorrhoids, you need to find out how alcohol affects a patient suffering from this disease.
After drinking alcohol, the heart begins to beat more often, blood circulation accelerates and blood vessels expand.
Under the influence of an intense blood flow, the weakened and thinned walls of the veins in the rectum can burst.
The vasodilating effect is replaced by inhibition of the cardiovascular system, stagnation is formed. Capillaries may burst, blood starts to ooze from the nodes, cracks form.
The kidneys react to the intake of alcohol by frequent urination, removing harmful toxins. Significant fluid loss and dehydration occurs. Such changes contribute to the formation of constipation.
After drinking alcohol, the vessels are in a tense state. With difficult bowel movements, they burst. Decomposition products enter the damaged areas, which leads to intoxication and the formation of ulcers on the walls of blood vessels and on the inner surface of the intestine.
Alcohol - a product that provokes hemorrhoids, when drinking alcohol, the formation of new foci is observed. After surgery to excise hemorrhoids, the intake of alcohol-containing drinks is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition after the end of the postoperative period
The postoperative period ends, and many patients lead a familiar lifestyle. But this is unacceptable, because in most cases it is the wrong diet that causes the development of hemorrhoids.
It is important to follow the basic rules and after a long time after the operation:
- eat often and a little (at least 4 - 5 times a day),
- a sufficient amount of vegetables must be present in the diet,
- lean meat, steamed or baked in the oven using foil,
- remove white bread, pasta, pastry from the diet
- sugar is better to replace fructose,
- it is advisable to use fermented milk products every day,
- It’s worth giving up coffee and chocolate,
- exclude fried, spicy and smoked dishes,
- Do not drink alcohol.
To prevent the formation of hemorrhoids, you need to not only follow a diet, but also maintain physical activity.
Proper diet after removal of hemorrhoids
Diet is an important component of quality treatment. Its main goal is to prevent complications after the operation. After removal of hemorrhoids, products are introduced into the diet of patients that do not cause irritation of the gastrointestinal tract. Diet involves the presence of food that regulates the number of bowel movements and the structure of feces.
It is important! The main condition for quick recovery after surgery to remove hemorrhoids is softened stools. This can be achieved using a special laxative diet. This approach will prevent irritation and damage to the rectum, the development of inflammatory and infectious processes.
How to eat on the first day after surgery
Almost all surgical interventions performed to remove hemorrhoidal nodes require preliminary complete bowel cleansing. This makes it possible to prevent the development of purulent diseases in the postoperative period.
Doctors do not recommend eating the first 24 hours after surgery. This approach allows the surgical seams to heal faster.
Starvation on the first day ensures the absence of feces in the rectum, which reduces pressure on the walls and prevents irritation of postoperative wounds.
Abstinence from food during this period allows damaged tissue to recover faster. The probability of occurrence of inflammatory and infectious processes is reduced, the divergence of seams is eliminated. This restriction applies only to food. After the operation, you can drink clean water, infusions of herbs that do not cause constipation and disturbances in the digestive tract.
How to eat in the first month after surgery
The diet for a person who underwent surgery to remove hemorrhoids is based on the following principles:
- Fractional nutrition. Food is taken in small portions 4-6 times a day.
- The diet includes products that promote the formation of soft regular stools.
- A balanced diet. The diet should include the necessary nutrients for the person.
In the first 2 weeks after surgery, it is necessary to exclude products that cause flatulence (bloating). Excessive accumulation of gases can cause internal joints to diverge and increase pain.
It is important! After two days you can eat cereal. For their preparation, it is recommended to use buckwheat or millet groats. By its consistency, the finished dish should be crumbly. Cook porridge should be in water with a small addition of salt, without sugar and oil. Such nutrition will prevent constipation.
Do not forget about compliance with the drinking regime. Up to 2 liters of pure water should be drunk per day.
In the event that the diet is ineffective, the appointment of laxatives will help. A diet intended for postoperative patients whose hemorrhoidal nodes have been removed should contain foods rich in delicate fiber. These include:
- Vegetables (broccoli, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots).
- Citrus fruits (grapefruit, oranges).
- Berries (blueberries, strawberries).
Sweet fruits provoke increased gas formation, so their intake in the postoperative period is limited or minimized. Boil vegetables or stew steamed. Fried foods are strictly prohibited. Raw vegetables should be treated with caution. At the first signs of a disturbance in the digestive system, their use is better to stop.
For the effective regeneration of new tissue and the rapid healing of sutures, the body needs a large amount of protein. This must be considered when drawing up a diet.
It is extremely important to introduce a sufficient amount of lean meat and fish into the diet, but this should be done one week after the operation. Ideal options are white meat of chicken or turkey, young veal.
Of the fish, cod, zander, pike, mullet, hake, and flounder are preferred. These varieties of fish are steamed or boiled in slightly salted water.
The diet after removal of hemorrhoids must necessarily include fermented milk dishes.
If fresh milk can cause excessive gas formation, then kefir, yogurt or sour milk does not contain bacteria that cause fermentation.
These foods have a lot of useful substances that normalize digestion. The diet of the postoperative period must include low-fat varieties of cottage cheese and cheese.
It is important! Only non-carbonated drinks should be consumed. Of great benefit are vegetable juices diluted with water and infusions from herbs, such as nettles, yarrow, chamomile. Any use of herbal teas or decoctions is possible only with the consent of the attending physician.
This diet must be followed up to the complete healing of sutures. Subsequently, products that strengthen blood vessels and help prevent the development of constipation are introduced into the diet.
What foods can not be consumed after removal of hemorrhoids
The first rule that people who have undergone surgery must adhere to is the exclusion from the daily menu of foods that cause flatulence and fermentation in the intestines.
- Fresh cow or goat milk.
- Legumes (beans, peas, lentils, beans).
- Fresh and dried grapes (raisins).
- Cruciferous vegetables (white cabbage, radish, radish).
- Carbonated drinks, kvass, strong coffee and tea.
- Fresh and pickled mushrooms.
- Fatty meat of duck, goose, pork and lamb.
- Drinks containing alcohol, especially wine.
With caution, you must consume garlic and onions. These products stimulate the secretion of gastric juice and provoke a constant feeling of hunger. In the postoperative period, you can not use hot seasonings, sauces, peppers, pickled and smoked dishes. Thanks to them, blood flow in the pelvic organs increases, which can negatively affect the healing process of sutures.
Advice! Proctologists strongly do not recommend eating hot food after surgery to remove hemorrhoids. The temperature of the dishes should be no more than 35-40 degrees.
30-35 days after surgery, the daily menu expands. In this case, it is necessary to monitor the regularity of bowel movements. You can eat more raw vegetables. At the first appearance of signs of gas formation or a malfunction in the digestive tract, it is necessary to immediately switch to boiled or stewed products.
It is important! Nutrition in the future life of the patient should be fractional and frequent. The frequency of meals in small portions every 3-4 hours. The total daily number of meals should not be less than 4.
Throughout the subsequent life after removal of hemorrhoidal nodes, it is necessary to minimize the use of fatty, fried, smoked and spicy foods. You can eat such dishes only as an exception. Regular adherence to diet in the postoperative period will prevent recurrence.
The menu should regularly contain cereals containing a large amount of fiber, contributing to the normalization of digestion. It is worth forever abandoning sweet pastries, buns. For food, it is recommended to use bakery products of coarse grinding (with bran).
Sour milk products that can be consumed before bedtime are excellent helpers for the stomach.
A proper diet, observance of aspects of a healthy diet, as well as regular physical activity will allow you to forget about such an unpleasant disease as hemorrhoids.
Diet after hemorrhoid surgery: menu
A properly selected diet after hemorrhoid surgery helps to restore human health, the menu of which was previously agreed with the attending physician. Dietary nutrition is an important point in the speedy recovery of the patient after surgery.
Such a common disease is almost always accompanied by the development of a large number of nodules. Because of this, blood clots appear, which tend to complicate bowel movements.
Therefore, the patient is recommended for surgical excision of all available formations. Of course, after the operation to remove hemorrhoids, a person will need to recover for a very long time.
In this case, timely rehabilitation is simply impossible without the organization of the most proper and wholesome nutrition.
Why is diet so important?
Each patient who has undergone a rather complicated operation to remove hemorrhoids thinks about what to eat and what to refuse. The patient’s stool will be normal only if he follows a diet every day.
It is incredibly important to select products after hemorrhoid surgery, the use of which helps to avoid the appearance of completely new problems with bowel movements.
It must be remembered that prolonged constipation that appeared after surgery to remove hemorrhoids can lead to pretty serious and unpleasant consequences.
For example, the seam can break very quickly, bleeding can open, and microbes can also enter the patient's body.
The main principles of diet
In the daily diet of the patient who had hemorrhoids removed surgically, it is imperative to include fresh and high-quality products. Nutrition should contain in sufficient quantities useful substances for the human body. It is necessary to increase the frequency of food intake - the patient should eat food not 3 times a day, but more. It is best to split a serving of food into 6 parts. It is necessary to get up from the table with a slight feeling of hunger. You should try to exclude products that cause gas formation from the menu for a certain time. You only need to eat food that has a good effect on stool.
It must be remembered that on the 1st day after hemorrhoidectomy, doctors do not recommend the patient to defecate. In order to succeed in fulfilling this recommendation, you should refrain from eating during the day.
On the 2nd day, you can eat only those foods that do not contribute to the formation of a large amount of gas.
During this period, it is better to exclude the use of raspberries, peas, rye black bread, beans, grapes, tangerines, milk, gooseberries, nuts, radishes, raisins, apples, onions, kvass, cabbage, garlic.
The menu should not include products that tend to increase blood speed. Among them, canned foods and alcohol-containing drinks are considered the most harmful at the moment.
Remove from the diet menu you need food that is filled with protein. Such products include mushrooms, pork, goose meat and lamb.
The patient should try not to consume sugar, pastries, cakes and sweet cakes at the moment.
Products included in the diet
A diet properly selected by the attending physician after hemorrhoid surgery should consist of a variety of products:
- fresh vegetables
- chicken meat
- cottage cheese
- white bread
Healthy seafood and meat is best baked. Stewed and boiled dishes are very useful.
Every day, doctors recommend eating fruits and vegetables that have a sufficient amount of easily digestible fiber.
Such products include cauliflower, pumpkin, apricots, beets, bananas, carrots, plums, lettuce. Apricots can be replaced with apricot.
An effective diet after removing hemorrhoids will benefit if the patient consumes as much purified water as possible. However, preference is best given to green tea, mineral waters and juices. At least 8 glasses of liquid should be drunk per day.
For breakfast, the patient can eat oatmeal or buckwheat cooked in water. At lunch, it is better to treat yourself to vegetable soup. An afternoon snack most often consists of low-fat cottage cheese or kefir. The best dinner is cutlets that have been steamed.
Nutrition in a month
After surgery for hemorrhoids, it is good to include fermented milk products in the diet
With proper nutrition, after a month, the sutures should heal. If there were complications, you should consult your doctor about further diet.
With a favorable course of rehabilitation, the menu should be varied for the second month. Be sure to nutrition should prevent the possibility of constipation.
- You should eat varied and fully.
- Avoid starvation and overeating.
- Servings should still be small.
- Food should be ingested after 2.5 hours.
- Any carbonated drinks are not allowed.
- Meat, fish should be lean.
- Alcohol is completely prohibited.
- You can’t do anything fried, sweet.
- Preference should be given to dairy products.
- Eat more cereals with a lot of fiber.
- Coarse bread to choose, white and black can not be eaten.
Due to diet, the rectum will not receive stress. Sutures will not be injured. The rehabilitation period will be successful.
Important lists for creating a menu
The list of foods that should be included in the diet:
- vegetable oil (in addition to the main use in salads, it is advisable to eat at night, mixing with kefir),
- dairy products,
- vegetables fruits,
- natural honey
- cereals (buckwheat, barley, millet, oatmeal),
- bread (wholemeal flour),
- poultry, lean meat (beef).
Products that cannot be included in the patient menu after surgery:
- mashed potatoes,
- rice / semolina porridge,
- radish, cabbage, turnip, sorrel, legumes,
- strong tea,
- seasonings and spices.
The concept of "diet" and "proper nutrition" exclude the intake of products that lead to increased blood circulation in the pelvis. This canned food, spicy, pickled and smoked food, pickles, alcohol. In addition, it is recommended to exclude lamb, goose, pork, mushrooms (these are difficult to digest proteins) from the diet. This rule also applies to cakes, cookies, pastries, pastries (simple carbohydrates).
Patients should remember that diet is an important factor during the recovery period after surgery. If this point is not observed, the recovery period can be extended for a long time, and the possibility of complications increases significantly.
The duration of remission depends on the patient's careful observance of all medical recommendations.
You can prevent the recurrence of hemorrhoids by using these tips:
- lead a moderately mobile lifestyle,
- stick to a diet and good nutrition,
- exclude large physical exertion.
It is worth clarifying that the most important condition of the postoperative period after removal of hemorrhoidal nodes is a diet. Therefore, those patients who want to have a positive result for many years should clearly remember and follow all the rules of a healthy lifestyle and nutrition, which will help them eliminate the causes of the disease and reduce the likelihood of relapse.
Top Related Articles:
- 3 ways to massage with acute and chronic hemorrhoids
- Is it possible to completely cure hemorrhoids at any stage?
- What can the increase in temperature with hemorrhoids tell?
- Are hemorrhoids nodes corrected and how to get rid of them forever?
- Safe laxatives for mothers while breastfeeding
- The mysteries of the human soul and hemorrhoids: what is the psychosomatics of the disease?
Copying of materials is allowed only if there is a link back to the source. Articles on the site are for informational purposes only and before using any particular treatment methods, your doctor’s consultation is required. Dear users, if you notice a spelling error in the text, please select it with the mouse and press CTRL + Enter. Thanks!
Our VK group
General principles of nutrition after surgery to remove hemorrhoids
After surgery for hemorrhoids, what you can eat, and what is prohibited, you need to ask your doctor. At first, it is necessary to refrain from any meal. At the same time, you need to consume as much liquid as possible, drinking or mineral water without gases.
On the second day, food can include simple foods, for example:
- herbal tea with chamomile or nettle,
- infusion of dried cornel berries,
- liquid milkless cereals,
- dogwood compote.
On the third day, the doctor may allow you to switch to food, which can become the main one until the patient is completely restored.
Make a diet after hemorrhoidectomy surgery, taking into account the following requirements:
- Do not irritate the intestines. Given this requirement, experts recommend abandoning the consumption of spices, marinades, smoked meats, spicy and salty dishes.
- Contribute to the relaxation of feces. It is recommended to eat foods that relax or soften the intestines.
- Do not cause increased gas formation and the production of large amounts of feces. You should discard cabbage, beans, peas, brown bread and carbonated drinks.
- Strengthen tissue regeneration. After hemorrhoid therapy and surgery, the diet must be designed in such a way that the right amount of proteins, minerals and vitamins is included in it. It is not recommended to exclude meat dishes from the diet, as they include a large number of protein elements necessary for the regeneration of damaged tissues.
During the day, food should be divided into several receptions and eat in small portions. After clarifying with the doctor the nutritional features after the illness, it is allowed to perform simple physical exercises, as well as give up smoking and alcohol. The amount of fluid consumed, taking into account liquid cereals and soups, should be brought to a volume of three liters per day
It is important to consume various vegetable oils, which help normalize intestinal motility and have a laxative effect on it.
These nutritional principles must be adhered to until the damaged areas are completely healed and the rehabilitation period ends. Proper nutrition can reduce the risk of unpleasant consequences, which are often diagnosed after intestinal pathology.
Diet after surgery for hemorrhoids: menu and diet
Nutrition after removal of hemorrhoids is an important step in postoperative rehabilitation.
A special diet helps to speed up the recovery process, and also helps prevent complications that are possible in the postoperative period.
Knowing the nutritional features after removing hemorrhoids, you can easily regulate the diet and make it more useful. Consider which foods can be eaten after surgery, and which are strictly contraindicated.
In the development of the disease, four degrees are distinguished. In the first and second degrees of chronic hemorrhoids, treatment is usually conservative.
With the third and fourth degree, in most cases only surgery is effective. Due to the prevalence of operations, it is important to know how to behave after the intervention.
In the first day after removal of hemorrhoids from food, it is necessary to abstain. You should start eating following certain recommendations.
Any therapeutic diet should not harm health. Nutrition after surgery to remove hemorrhoids should be balanced in the content of all the necessary vitamins and minerals.
When choosing a diet, it is important to consider concomitant diseases. Accordingly, it is necessary to draw up a menu so as not to provoke an exacerbation of the pathology.
In general, following the recommendations, you can choose the optimal nutrition:
- To recover after surgery, the body needs more strength and energy. We get the substrate for energy along with food. After removing hemorrhoids, it is necessary to monitor the calorie content and balance of the menu.
- The diet provides for the consumption of food in small portions, and the frequency of intake should be increased. It is recommended to eat every 2.5-3 hours. This will relieve the digestive system from overload.
- Avoid overeating.
- Light dishes with a minimum amount of salt and spices should be preferred. Spicy foods can additionally irritate the mucous membrane of the digestive tract, including creating adverse conditions for the healing of postoperative wounds after removal of hemorrhoids.
- Diet after surgery should include measures aimed at preventing constipation.
After surgery to remove hemorrhoids, the diet should expand gradually. After eating a new food product, you should evaluate your well-being and how well this type of food is tolerated. You can eat boiled, stewed dishes, as well as steamed.
After the operation, it is recommended to drink a lot (on average 7 or more glasses of water or drinks per day). It can be water, except carbonated, natural juices and herbal teas. Increased fluid intake not only contributes to faster rehabilitation. This way you can eliminate the feeling of hunger and prevent overeating.
Consider what you can eat in the postoperative period. So, you can safely include in the menu:
- Porridge. Millet and buckwheat cereals on the one hand are considered easy for the digestive system, but at the same time they are rich in all necessary nutrients.
- Wholemeal bread. This type of bread not only contains the necessary amount of B vitamins, but also normalizes intestinal motility, which helps prevent constipation.
- Dairy products. These foods contain lactic acid bacteria that help restore digestion.
- Vegetables. It is a source of fiber and vitamins. Fiber should be “soft”, that is, gently affect the digestive tract. After the intervention for the removal of hemorrhoids, vegetables such as beets, cauliflower, pumpkin, carrots should be consumed daily. It is better to include vegetables that have undergone heat treatment in the menu, their raw use is limited.
- Fruit. Dried fruits are allowed in small quantities; their excessive consumption often causes flatulence and bloating. Bananas and kiwis will be helpful.
As you can see, the diet is wide enough and with the right approach, the diet will be quite diverse. And most importantly, it does not interfere with the healing process of sutures.
What is absolutely contraindicated
In order to avoid complications and not injure the tissue once again, it is recommended to exclude products from the menu that cause increased gas formation and activate fermentation processes in the intestine, these include:
- beans (lentils, beans, peas),
- black bread.
Various carbonated drinks that contribute to flatulence are absolutely contraindicated. Vegetables are useful, but some of them can worsen your health in the period after the intervention to remove hemorrhoids.
These include white cabbage, turnips, radishes, which can also contribute to increased gas formation and fermentation. Diet after surgery should not include proteins that will be difficult to digest.
They are found in mushrooms, goose meat, as well as lamb and pork.
Onions, garlic and spices are irritating, so they should be limited. For the same reason, they do not recommend eating smoked meats, pickled products. In addition, they activate blood flow, which may be the reason for the long healing of sutures. Alcohol is excluded both before and after the operation. Drinking tea or coffee is not recommended.
After treating hemorrhoids surgically, it is important to follow the recommendations for therapeutic nutrition. After all, the process of recovery after surgery largely depends on what the patient eats. A proper diet accelerates the healing of postoperative wounds and contributes to the speedy restoration of gastrointestinal tract function.
Lunch must be full, the first course is required:
- vegetable soup with cereals,
- meat (beef, chicken) broth with egg,
- fish soup with potatoes,
- low-fat river fish ear.
The second is allowed:
- steamed chicken or fish
- boiled chicken or fish,
- stewed potatoes with chicken or beef,
- potato, meat, fish casserole or souffle.
As a side dish - cereals, mashed potatoes. Bread - in a small amount (1-2 slices). It is better to choose bran or yesterday’s wheat. On the third - tea, dried fruit compote, jelly from berries.
For the correct and competent compilation of the menu you need to know what you can eat. There are not so few allowed products, the diet is very diverse:
- cereals (oat flakes "Hercules", barley, wheat, buckwheat, pearl barley),
- low-fat dairy products (fermented baked milk, kefir, varenets, yogurt, cottage cheese, soft or hard unsalted cheeses),
- lean meats (beef, chicken, turkey, rabbit meat),
- low-fat varieties of river and sea fish (pollock, tuna, haddock, common carp, pike perch, pike),
- bread (bran, stale wheat),
- vegetables (potatoes, beets, carrots, cucumber, pumpkin, zucchini, cauliflower),
- fruits (banana, baked apple),
- berries (for the preparation of jelly or compote in small quantities),
- drinks (green and black weak tea, kissel, chicory coffee, compote, herbal decoctions),
- dried fruits (for the preparation of stewed fruit and boil).
You can eat all of the above products, but do not forget about the measures of their consumption. Any of these harmless foods in large quantities can cause bowel problems.
The fact that you can not eat during the recovery period, warns the attending physician. Products that cause increased gas formation (flatulence), intestinal irritation and loose stools, constipation and delayed intestinal motility, he will advise to exclude from food.
Forbidden products include:
- sour vegetables with a rough structure, hot (tomatoes, cabbage, radish, radish, onions, garlic, eggplant, hot pepper),
- milk (cow, goat) and dishes on milk (cereals, pancakes),
- legumes (chickpeas, peas, lentils, soybeans, beans, green peas),
- fermented fruits and berries (apples, apricots, plums, melon, watermelon, citrus fruits, cherries, grapes),
- fatty meats (goose, duck, lamb, pork),
- fatty fish (trout, salmon, catfish),
- bread (fresh wheat, whole grain, rye), pastries, cakes, pies, pastries,
- chocolate, coffee, strong black tea,
- carbonated and alcoholic drinks, natural juices,
- spices and herbs, herbs.
A similar diet is indicated for hemorrhoids and after its removal. Attitude to it should be unambiguous: the prohibited product is a taboo.After two to three months of severe dietary restrictions and after consulting a doctor, you can gradually, in small quantities, include these products in the daily menu.
To prevent constipation, you need to not only eat right, but also in sufficient quantities to consume fluids. Water is needed to swell fiber that enters the intestines with food.
Strong drinks, sparkling water, natural sour juices, cocoa and coffee are excluded from the menu. They lead to bloating and irritation of the intestinal mucosa.
The volume of liquid should not exceed permissible norms (2-2.5 liters per day). This can lead to unwanted edema. It is necessary to take into account not only water, but also the tea used, jelly, liquid in the first dishes.
You can learn about the nutritional rules for hemorrhoids, the basic principles of competent compilation of a daily diet by reading the recommendations of a specialist.
In addition, it is necessary to study the rules for creating a diet for hemorrhoids, lists of prohibited and permitted products in the event of a pathological process.
All restrictions of the postoperative period can and should become wonderful rules for the rest of life. It will become full, without pain and operations. Relapses of hemorrhoids, the return of unpleasant symptoms occur as soon as the patient returns to his previous lifestyle and the beneficial effect of the diet ends.
A healthy lifestyle, a regime of physical activity with sufficient, but not excessive loads, proper nutrition give longevity, vitality, well-being. It is very important to understand that health depends on ourselves.